Thursday, November 01, 2012

I Feel Ya, New Jersey !

This aerial photo shows destruction in the wake of superstorm Sandy on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012, in Seaside Heights, N.J. (AP Photo/Mike Groll)



 It's still early but enough devastation is in my son's home state to say " I feel your pain." Katrina blew him North East for a new job after Katrina. Now some years later a devastating storm followed him. He was prepared having to live through Katrina but it seems some were silly. Never stay especially on a barrier island, near the water, or in places likely to flood. Winds, rising water are nothing to play with. Even though it was a less powerful storm then Katrina it carried an 8 to 12 foot storm surge. That is what did the damage to beach front property. To places I have visited each summer when I go to the Jersey Shore. My old family town of Atlantic City NJ from where the family branched out to other parts of the USA. My great grandfather here to New Orleans. I am happy we do not hear things like we heard here in New Orleans. Why rebuild, stupid people,  below sea level, and all the nasty talk about my home town after Katrina. It shows no matter who or where a bad storm is dangerous and causes devastation. And America rebuilds, Americans care, and we join together when we suffer.
 To those who did and still bad mouth New Orleans because of Katrina take a look at Manhattan, Queens, Atlantic, City, and the Jersey Shore. Sad but some people are rude, nasty, and can just got to hell from us here in New Orleans after the rude attacks on us back then. To my family and many friends in New York and New Jersey, I Feel Ya!
Jersey Shore Shell Shirt
Jersey Shore Shell Shirt by figstreetstudio
Create photo t-shirts from zazzle.com.

 Here is a link to a few of my Jersey Shore art designs-  http://www.cafepress.com/figstreetstudio/2792638

 Old Barney Lighthouse on LBI art cards, posters, shirts- http://www.cafepress.com/figstreetstudio/3089436

Labels: , ,